- Proofread and quality assure client reports to ensure that the content is grammatically correct, the key points are highlighted, summarised, and the content is accurate and complete.
- Ensure the terms of reference and requirements, set by the client, are met in the submitted report.
Apply quality assurance by maintaining:
- Consistent style and formatting
- Ensure the report is logical and flows well
- Ensure correct tense
- Evaluate page elements such as images, text spacing, and positioning
- Ensure references are accurate and, where applicable, function (e.g. bookmarks)
- Rephrase written text to ensure document structure and content are consistent
- Ensure illustrations are suitably captioned and referenced
- Ensure all required verifications and submitted information is noted and outlined in the document by cross-referencing the source documents.
- Ensure that the information submitted has been accurately interpreted. This will include analysis of bank statements, translated documents, company formation documentation, etc.
- Ensure that open source research has been accurately interpreted and conveyed, with adequate references. This will require reading the articles referenced in the footnotes
- Ensure the report does not introduce bias or opinion of the author
- Ensure that the information is included in the correct section and avoids repetition.
- Ensure there are no irrelevant passages or assessments, or superfluous ‘padding’ of the document
- Liaise with the author, when required, to discuss queries and provide report feedback. Note common and repetitive mistakes.
- Ensure that the report has a concise Executive Summary and informative Threat Matrix that accurately reflects the main threats identified and allows the client to make a well-informed decision.
- Proofreading to a very high standard; legal, law enforcement, geo-political, or finance/business background ideal
- Minimum five years’ experience
- Self-starter with minimal supervision
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Experience of law enforcement or other public body criminal investigation background, private criminal investigation experience, or criminal analytical experience advantageous
The role is UK-based (applications will not be considered from outside the UK) and is initially through an agency with the possibility of going permanent after 3 – 6 months.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to [email protected]