This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing team that is meeting the needs of international governments and private organisations.
FACT was formed in 1983 to protect the content, product, and interests of the film and television industries. By remaining at the forefront of technological advances and as a result of our successes over the years, we are regarded as the leaders in intellectual property protection. Our experience in intelligence-gathering has equipped our team to expand into global Due Diligence services. We meet the needs of governments, law enforcement, and private organisations in mitigating risk and making informed decisions.
- Proofread and quality assure client reports to ensure that the content is grammatically correct, the key points are highlighted, summarised, and the content is accurate and complete.
- Ensure the terms of reference and requirements, set by the client, are met in the submitted report.
Apply quality assurance by maintaining:
- Consistent style and formatting
- Ensure the report is logical and flows well
- Ensure correct tense
- Evaluate page elements such as images, text spacing, and positioning
- Ensure references are accurate and, where applicable, function (e.g. bookmarks)
- Rephrase written text to ensure document structure and content are consistent
- Ensure illustrations are suitably captioned and referenced
- Ensure all required verifications and submitted information is noted and outlined in the document by cross-referencing the source documents.
- Ensure that the information submitted has been accurately interpreted. This will include analysis of bank statements, translated documents, company formation documentation, etc.
- Ensure that open source research has been accurately interpreted and conveyed, with adequate references. This will require reading the articles referenced in the footnotes
- Ensure the report does not introduce bias or opinion of the author
- Ensure that the information is included in the correct section and avoids repetition.
- Ensure there are no irrelevant passages or assessments, or superfluous ‘padding’ of the document
- Liaise with the author, when required, to discuss queries and provide report feedback. Note common and repetitive mistakes.
- Ensure that the report has a concise Executive Summary and informative Threat Matrix that accurately reflects the main threats identified and allows the client to make a well-informed decision.
- Proofreading to a very high standard; legal, law enforcement, geo-political, or finance/business background ideal
- Minimum five years’ experience
- Self-starter with minimal supervision
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Experience of law enforcement or other public body criminal investigation background, private criminal investigation experience, or criminal analytical experience advantageous
Reports to: Due Diligence Quality Assurance Supervisor
Mainly work from home with some time required at our Twickenham based office
The role is UK-based (applications will not be considered from outside the UK)
Please send your CV with a covering letter to [email protected]